The Bellator Fighting Championships returns to the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood, FL for Bellator 58. The card is highlighted by a lightweight title fight with champion Eddie Alvarez taking on Season 4 tournament winner Michael Chandler.
Bellator 58 – Preliminary Card Results
- Fabio Mello defeats Farkhad Sharipov by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).
- Herbert Goodman defeats Jonas Billstein by disqualification at 3:21 of the second round. Billstein blasted a downed Goodman to the side of his head with a soccer kick. Goodman was unable to continue the fight and was awarded the win.
- Cosmo Alexander defeats Avery McPhatter by knockout (knee to the head) at just 20 seconds into the fight.
- Valdir Araujo defeats Ailton Barbosa by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).
- Brett Cooper defeats Jared Hess by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).
Bellator 58 – Main Card Results
- Marlon Sandro defeats Rafael Dias by arm triangle submission at 3:56 of the first round.
- Jessica Aguilar defeats Lisa Ellis by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).
- Hector Lombard defeats Trevor Prangley by technical knockout at 1:06 of the second round. Lombard has now won 20 consecutive fights and is unbeaten in his last 25 outings.
- Michael Chandler defeats Eddie Alvarez by rear naked choke submission at 3:06 of the fourth round to capture the Bellator lightweight championship. An amazing “Fight of the Year” candidate saw both competitors close to finishing the fight. After a strong first round by Chanlder, Alvarez began to find his rhythm in the second round. Chandler appeared to be fading in the third as Alvarez began picking him apart from the outside. However, Chandler came out revitalized in the fourth as he pressed the action. A couple of rights sends the champion to the fence and then to the ground. Chandler attacked and transitioned to a mount which caused Alvarez to give up his back. Chandler locked in the rear naked choke which quickly caused Alvarez to tap.